Friday, January 12, 2018

Beaches Galore...My Favorite Places

My two favorite places both revolve around the beach, as my Dad was in the Navy growing up. My goal is to get back to the beach, wherever that takes me!

Honolulu, Hawaii. I was born in Honolulu and have always been so drawn to its beauty and captivating scenes. I likely would not live here again since it is so tourist driven, but I would love to visit again soon! I could see myself living in one of the less touristy areas of Hawaii if I ever get the opportunity to move back there!


(The city skyline of Honolulu: photo by Edmund Garman)

Nags Head North Carolina. I lived in Virginia for most of my childhood, and the Outer Banks was my favorite place to go. We generally visited Nags Head, and I loved the beach town vibe and being able to hear the waves from where we stayed. Some of my fondest memories occurred here!

(Looking out from a balcony in Nags Head: photo by Trader Scott)



1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, how exciting to have been born in Honolulu, Baylie! We lived there when I was in high school; so many beautiful things to see (Hanauma Bay was my favorite!). And I actually live in North Carolina right now (my husband is from here, and when he retired from OU we moved here to take care of his father). My favorite place to visit at the beach is Kitty Hawk right there near Nags Head: I was surprised at how much it moved me to see where the Wright Brothers flew their plane; it felt all magical and historical at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

Tech Tip: Behappy.me

I've been using Canva tonight to make different graphics, but I thought I would try another site to see what my experience was like with...