Thursday, January 18, 2018

Reaction to Assignments

I would be lying if I said I wasn't intimidated by the assignment list for this class. It's not necessarily the amount of assignments, because I'm used to devoting a lot more time than 6 hours a week to my classes, but more the type of assignments that makes me nervous. I'm very logic driven and, while I can be creative, it isn't really my comfort zone. 

One of the main reasons I chose to take this class is because I love reading, but don't get a lot of time to do it during the semester. I wanted to give myself a chance to read things other than textbooks and not feel guilty about it, since I would be doing it for a class. On that note, I'm super excited about reading stories I don't know anything about and being exposed to a new culture. Just about everything else scares me, as I'm used to a very set structure of lectures and exams. Telling stories and blogging to integrate information is a whole new realm. However, as we looked at yesterday, it's okay to not be good at everything and to not know everything. The assignments are certainly going to have me branching out and exploring things I never have, which is an exciting prospect. I also think it's really cool how the class is formatted so that I can set my schedule and can lessen the load in this class when other classes may be piling on the exams. 

(Meme I created using a meme generator)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tech Tip: Behappy.me

I've been using Canva tonight to make different graphics, but I thought I would try another site to see what my experience was like with...