Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Overall, the feedback I have gotten from other students has been very helpful. Everybody has been very encouraging, which has been nice since I can doubt my writing capabilities as I mentioned in the last post. Particularly now that the storybooks have started, the feedback has been helpful in knowing what to improve on as well as giving suggestions for new paths to consider. The most useful comments I've gotten are those that are specific in detailing what the reader needs from me. It's hard to please everyone and I don't know what exactly people think needs improved unless they explicitly say it, so details help!

I think I have gotten a lot better at leaving feedback for other students. I try to point out the good, but then go a step further and point out things that I think have room for improvement. I generally have a hard time criticizing people, even if it's in a kind and respectful way, since I tend to be a bit of a people pleaser, but the online format has helped me overcome some of that.

The blog comments are one of my favorite parts of every week because I think it's so fun to get to know people and then see their creative writing process. All the weekly stories are so interesting and it's cool to see the different writing styles and how one reading inspires dozens of completely different stories.

Looking forward, I'd like to try to expand my stories more based on the comments I've gotten. When I get a bit of time in the next couple weeks, I hope to be able to dive into the feedback I've been given and use it wisely rather than letting it go to waste.

It's so important to use feedback to grow and not see it as a criticism or 
attack, it's easy to be your own worst enemy! (Image Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tech Tip: Behappy.me

I've been using Canva tonight to make different graphics, but I thought I would try another site to see what my experience was like with...